Terms & Conditions
Food Space Technology Pvt Ltd (“Tipplr”) reserves the right to suspend / cancel, or discontinue any or all channels, products or service at any time without notice, make modifications and alterations in any or all the content, products and services contained on the site without prior notice.
Tipplr reserves the right to charge subscription and / or membership fees from a user, by giving reasonable prior notice, in respect of any product, service or any other aspect of this site.
Copyright and Trademarks
Unless otherwise stated, copyright and all intellectual property rights in all material presented on the site and mobile apps (including but not limited to text, audio, video or graphical images), trademarks and logos appearing on this site are the property of Food Space Technology Pvt Ltd, its parent, affiliates and associates and are protected under applicable Indian laws. You agree not to use any framing techniques to enclose any trademark or logo or other proprietary information of Tipplr; or remove, conceal or obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice or any credit-line or date-line on other mark or source identifier included on the site / service, including without limitation, the size, colour, location or style of all proprietary marks. Any infringement shall be vigorously defended and pursued to the fullest extent permitted by law.
“Partner” means the restaurants listed on Tipplr and any related mobile or software applications of Tipplr.
Limited Permission to Copy
Tipplr grants you permission to only access and make personal use of the site and you agree not to, directly or indirectly download or modify / alter / change / amend / vary / transform / revise / translate / copy / publish / distribute or otherwise disseminate any content on Tipplr’s site / service, or any portion of it; or delete or fail to display any promotional taglines included in the site / service either directly or indirectly, except with the express consent of Tipplr. However, you may print or download extracts from these pages for your personal / individual, non-commercial use only. You must not retain any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium except for the purposes of using the same for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal / individual use.
Tipplr forbids you from any attempts to resell or put to commercial use any part of the site; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the Site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of any other merchant; any renting, leasing, or otherwise transferring rights to the site / service; displaying the name, logo, trademark or other identifier of another person (except for indiatimes.com or you) in such a manner as to give the viewer the impression that such other person is a publisher or distributor of the service on the site, or any data gathering or extraction tools; or any use of meta tags. You may not (whether directly or through the use of any software program) create a database in electronic or structured manual form by regularly or systematically downloading and storing all or any part of the pages from this site. No part of the Site may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other web site, nor may any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission.
Sharing of Personal Information
Tipplr is designed to help you find the best of restaurants, nightlife, events and movies around you and your city. In order to do this, Tipplr requires the use of such information including, but not limited to, your email, password and or other information that was used while Signing Up with the services. Tipplr offers Sign Up process with our own sign up system and other platforms such as Facebook and Google+.
Tipplr uses Facebook Connect and Google+ platforms as a medium for signing up only. The user data collected by Tipplr shall only be through the above mediums which will be be provided by the intended user through their Facebook or Google+ profile, no other data shall be collected/used by Tipplr apart from those that was permitted during Sign Up process.
However, kindly note that the manner in which Facebook and Google+ uses, stores and discloses your information is governed solely by its policies, and Tipplr bears no liabilities/responsibility for its privacy practices and/or other actions of any third party site or service that may be enabled within the service.
For certain services such as email, personal web pages, contests and shopping, signing up by the visitor is required. To sign up for these services you have to open an account by completing the signing up process (i.e. by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form). You also will choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. By Signing Up, you agree to the following terms in addition to any other specific terms which shall be posted at an appropriate location of the Site. Each sign up is for a single individual user only. To access these services, you will be asked to enter your individual Email Address and Password, as chosen by you during your signing up. Therefore, we do not permit any of the following:-
- Any other person sharing your account and password;
- Any part of the site being cached in proxy servers and accessed by individuals who have not registered with Tipplr as users of the site; or
- Access through a single account and password being made available to multiple users on a network.
If Tipplr reasonably believe that an account and password is being used / misused in any manner, Tipplr shall reserve the right to cancel access rights immediately without notice, and block access to all users from that IP address.
Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Tipplr immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Tipplr will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Tipplr or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
Use of Profile Data
We may use the personal information to provide the services you request. However, to the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will also provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. The personal information shall be used by us to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help/promote a safe service; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. In our efforts to continually improve our products and services, we collect and analyze demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our mobile application.
We may occasionally ask you to engage in factual or interest based surveys. These surveys may ask you for more information around your interest and demographic information (like movies of choice, or preferred cuisines). The data so collected through surveys is solely to enhance your experience in the usage of the mobile application, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in, and to display content according to your preferences. It is however clarified that, filling in of such surveys is optional.
Tipplr is about recommending you restaurants / places around you and your city and in order to do that we would need to know your location. Whenever you open and interact with Tipplr app or visit Tipplr.in on your mobile, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (latitude and longitude) to customize the experience around your location (i.e., showing you recommended places to eat, club or watch a movie nearby). Your location information is NEVER shared with others. Tipplr mobile app also allows you to select a locality of your choice or let the app determine your current location by tapping on your location name on Location Change screen. It allows us to tell you where the recommendations are based on the location that is determined by the device or your selection.
No Unlawful or Prohibited use
As a condition of your use of the services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any of our servers, or the network(s) connected to any Tipplr server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or to any of the services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
Material Posted/Transmitted at Tipplr
You represent that you have valid rights and title in any and all Content/Images that you submit on the Site, that you have not infringed on any IPR belonging to any party and further that you will indemnify Tipplr or its affiliates including Tipplr for all claims arising out of any content that you post on the Site or its products.
Tipplr accepts no responsibility for the said Content / Images. However, you understand that all Content / Images posted by you becomes the property of Tipplr and you agree to grant/assign to Tipplr, a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content / Images (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed throughout the world”.
Exchange of Information & Other Community Services
You represent that you are a responsible adult (18 years or above) and/or otherwise capable of entering into and performing legal agreements, and that you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. While individuals under the age of 18 may use Tipplr service, they may do so only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian, under such person´s account and otherwise subject to these Terms. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case you must satisfy that age in order to become a member / use the site or service and you shall be solely responsible for all Content/Images that you upload post or otherwise transmit.
Tipplr endeavours to provide a web platform for various community interactions for persons to interact and exchange views with each other. The content posted on such services is by general public therefore the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content cannot be guaranteed. You understand that by using such services, you may be exposed to objectionable matter. By using the facility of review/rating and other community services you agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any matter or views, which are, defamatory, abusive, pervasive, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You may also not indulge in cyber stalking, become or create a nuisance for any visitor / user of the site.
You may not send, submit, post, or otherwise transmit, material or messages that contain software virus, or any other files that are designed to interrupt, destroy, and negatively affect in any manner whatsoever, any electronic equipment in connection with the use of this site or Mobile, or other user’s ability to engage in real time exchanges.
You agree that You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on the site, that –
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
Limitation of Liability
Any transactions relating to booking of table or reservations of goods or services not directly offered by Tipplr are to be settled inter-se between the parties to such transaction and all warranties express or implied of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining thereto, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement are disclaimed by Tipplr. Tipplr merely endeavours to provide a platform where you and other party may interact, exchange information or carry out a reservation on such basis that are mutually agreed between you and the other party. Tipplr shall not be liable for any loss that you may incur, while making reservations or bookings of the third party. Under no circumstances shall Tipplr be held responsible or liable, in any way, for any content which in Legal opinion is derogatory, threatening, defamatory, obscene or offensive or offends public sensibilities or morals and shall also not assume liability for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted or uploaded on the site, or any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that Tipplr is not responsible for any content sent using and/or included in Tipplr’s site/mobile/service by any third party.
Termination of Account
User Conduct and Obligations
- Tipplr is constantly evolving in order to provide the best possible experience and information to its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which Tipplr provides, may require effecting certain changes in it, therefore, Tipplr reserves the right to suspend/cancel, or discontinue any or all products or services at any time without notice, make modifications and alterations in any or all of its contents, products and services contained on the site without any prior notice.
- We, the software, or the software application store that makes the software available for download may include functionality to automatically check for updates or upgrades to the software. Unless your device, its settings, or computer software does not permit transmission or use of upgrades or updates, you agree that we, or the applicable software or software application store, may provide notice to you of the availability of such upgrades or updates and automatically push such upgrade or update to your device or computer from time-to-time. You may be required to install certa in upgrades or updates to the software in order to continue to access or use the Services, or portions thereof (including upgrades or updates designed to correct issues with the Services). Any updates or upgrades provided to you by us under the Terms shall be considered part of the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that if Tipplr disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content, which is contained in your account.
- You acknowledge and agree that while Tipplr may not currently have set a fixed upper limit on the number of transmissions you may send or receive through the Services, Tipplr may set such fixed upper limits at any time, at Tipplr’s discretion.
- By using Tipplr’s Services you agree to the following disclaimers:
- The Content on these Services is for informational purposes only. Tipplr disclaims any liability for any information that may have become outdated since the last time the particular piece of information was updated. Tipplr reserves the right to make changes and corrections to any part of the Content on these Services at any time without prior notice. Tipplr does not guarantee quality of the Goods, the prices listed in menus or the availability of all menu items at any restaurant. Unless stated otherwise, all pictures and information contained on these Services are believed to be owned by or licensed to Tipplr. Please email a takedown request (by using the “Contact Us” link on the home page) to the webmaster if you are the copyright owner of any Content on these Services and you think the use of the above material violates Your copyright in any way. Please indicate the exact URL of the webpage in your request. All images shown here have been digitized by Tipplr. No other party is authorized to reproduce or republish these digital versions in any format whatsoever without the prior written permission of Tipplr.
- Any certification, licenses or permits (“Certification”) or information in regard to such Certification that may be displayed on the Restaurant’s listing page on the Platform is for informational purposes only. Such Certification is displayed by Tipplr on an ‘as available’ basis that is provided to Tipplr by the Restaurant partner(s). Tipplr does not make any warranties about the validity, authenticity, reliability and accuracy of such Certification or any information displayed in this regard. Any reliance by a user upon the Certification or information thereto shall be strictly at such user’s own risk and Tipplr in no manner shall assume any liability whatsoever for any losses or damages in connection with the use of this information or for any inaccuracy, invalidity or discrepancy in the Certification or non-compliance of any applicable local laws or regulations by the Restaurant partner.
- Tipplr reserves the right to charge a subscription and/or membership and/or a convenience fees from a user, by giving reasonable prior notice, in respect of any product, service or any other aspect of the Tipplr Platform anytime in future.
- Tipplr may from time to time introduce referral and/or incentive based programs for its users (Program). These Program(s) maybe governed by their respective terms and conditions. By participating in the Program, Users are bound by the Program terms and conditions as well as the Tipplr Platform terms. Further, Tipplr reserves the right to terminate / suspend the User’s account and/or credits / points earned and/or participation of the User in the Program if Tipplr determines in its sole discretion that the User has violated the rules of the Program and/or has been involved in activities that are in contravention of the Program terms and/or Tipplr Platform terms or has engaged in activities which are fraudulent / unlawful in nature. Furthermore, Tipplr reserves the right to modify, cancel and discontinue its Program without notice to the User.
You hereby agree and assure Tipplr that the site/Services shall be used for lawful purposes only and that you will not violate laws, regulations, ordinances or other such requirements of any applicable Central, State or local government or any other international laws. You further concur that you will not, through site/Mobile/Service:
- post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any software or other computer files that contain a virus trojan horses, time bombs, bots, botnets, malicious content, content theft, data manipulation, threats or any other harmful programs or elements or component;
- delete from the site any legal notices, disclaimers, or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, or modify any logos that you do not own or have express permission to modify;
- not use the site / Mobile / Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair and not to undertake any action which is harmful or potentially harmful to any Tipplr / Tipplr’s server, or the network(s), computer systems / resource connected to any Tipplr’s server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the site/Mobile/Service;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the site/Mobile/Service;
- engage in any activity that causes / may harm minors; or
- perform any activity which is likely to cause such harm;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Tipplr’s official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- take any action which encourages or consists of any threat of harm of any kind to any person or property;
- carry out any “denial of service” (DoS, DDoS) or any other harmful attacks on application or internet service or;
- use the Site/Mobile/Service for illegal purposes;
- disrupt, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with or attempt to make or attempt any unauthorized access to any Tipplr’s website or mobile apps.
- transmit through the Site or Mobile apps, any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, libellous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio, etc.;
- collect or attempt to collect personally identifiable information of any person or entity without their express written consent and you shall maintain records of any such written consent throughout the terms of this agreement and for a period of 2 years thereafter;
- engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “grieving” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the site.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, duplicative messages or any other form of solicitation.
- encumber or suffer to exist any lien or security interest on the subject matter of this Agreement; or
- make any representation or warranty on behalf of Tipplr.
You agree not to post, distribute, transmit or otherwise make available any data, text, message, computer file, or other material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any domestic or international law, rule, or regulation, including but not limited to:
- infringement of any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software;
- right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity;
- any confidentiality obligation. Unless otherwise permitted, you will: (i) display the Service on your site or Products in the exact form received by you, and not modify or edit any of the foregoing without Tipplr’s prior written consent; (ii) ensure that the fundamental meaning of the Service is not changed or distorted; (iii) comply with all applicable laws and all limitations and restrictions (if any) placed by Tipplr on the use, display or distribution of any Service and (iv) not archive any of the Service for access by users at any future date after the Service has been removed from your Website or product accordingly. You acknowledge that the service must link and redirect to the appropriate Tipplr’s web page when a user clicks on the Service (e.g. a headline). You shall not display the Service in such a manner that does not allow for successful linking and redirection to, and delivery of, Tipplr’s Web page, nor may you frame any Tipplr’s Web page.
Your License to Tipplr Content
- We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and use the Services only as expressly permitted in these Terms. You shall not use the Services for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. You may use information made available through the Services solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, broadcast, translate, reproduce, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, sell, promote, create derivative works, or in any way exploit or allow others to exploit any of Tipplr Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as otherwise expressly granted to you in writing, we do not grant you any other express or implied right or license to the Services, Tipplr Content or our IP Rights.
- Any violation by you of the license provisions contained in this Section may result in the immediate termination of your right to use the Services, as well as potential liability for copyright and other IP Rights infringement depending on the circumstances.
No Controlling Spam Policy or Unsolicited E-mails
You will not use any communication tool or other means available on the site to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications (including emails and instant messages). Tipplr will not sell, lease or rent its e-mail subscriber lists to third parties. You may not harvest information about users of Tipplr for the purpose of sending or to facilitate the sending of unsolicited bulk communications. We may terminate your access or use of the service immediately, with or without any notice, and take any other legal action if you, or anyone using your access details to the site or Mobile apps, violates these terms. We may adopt any technical remedy (including any filtering technology or other measures) to prevent unsolicited bulk communications from entering, Tipplr or remaining within our computer or communication networks. Such filtering technology or other measures may block, either temporarily or permanently, some e-mail sent to you through the Tipplr’s Websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
Tipplr disclaims all warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to the Services provided, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, title and non-infringement are disclaimed and excluded.
Tipplr and its parent, affiliates and associates shall not be liable, at any time for any, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business projects, damage to your computer system or damages for loss of profits, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Tipplr sites/mobile/services, with the delay or inability to use the Tipplr’s sites/mobile/services or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Tipplr sites/mobile/services, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Tipplr sites/mobile/services) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the site, or any of its contents, or from any act or omissions a result of using the site or any such contents or for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the site. No representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever are made by Tipplr as to the (accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness, suitability or applicability of the information to a particular situation; (b) that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (c) the quality of any products, services, content, information, or other material purchased or obtained from the website or mobile apps will meet your expectations or requirements; or (d) any errors in the website or mobile apps will be corrected.
Links to Other sites
All the contents of this Site and Mobile apps are only for general information or use. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. Any specific advice or replies to queries in any part of the Site and Mobile apps is/are the personal opinion of such experts/consultants/persons and are not subscribed to by this Site or Mobile app. The information from or through this site is provided on “AS IS” basis, and all warranties and conditions, expressed or implied of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to any goods, service or channel, including without Certain links on the Site lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties, these sites of third party(s) may contain Tipplr’s-logo, please understand that it is independent from Tipplr, over whom Tipplr has no control or connection, business or otherwise as these sites are external to Tipplr. You agree and understand that by visiting such sites you are beyond the Tipplr’s website. Tipplr, therefore neither endorses nor offers any judgement or warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the authenticity, availability, suitability, reliability, accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained, of any of the goods/services/or for any damage, loss or harm, direct or consequential or any violation of local or international laws that may be incurred by your visit and/or interactions/s on these site(s), as the same is provided on “as is” without warranty of any kind. Tipplr gives no warranty and makes no representation whether expressed or implied, that the information contained in this site is error free. Tipplr shall not be responsible nor liable for any consequential damages arising on account of your relying on the contents of the advertisement. Before relying on the material, users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes, and should obtain any appropriate professional advice.
- User reviews or ratings for Restaurants do not reflect the opinion of Tipplr. Tipplr receives multiple reviews or ratings for Restaurants by users, which reflect the opinions of the Users. It is pertinent to state that each and every review posted on Tipplr is the personal opinion of the user/reviewer only. Tipplr is a neutral platform, which solely provides a means of communication between users/reviewers including users or restaurant owners/representatives with access to restaurant business page. The advertisements published on the Tipplr Platform are independent of the reviews received by such advertisers.
- We are a neutral platform and we don’t arbitrate disputes, however in case if someone writes a review that the restaurant does not consider to be true, the best option for the restaurant representative would be to contact the reviewer or post a public response in order to clear up any misunderstandings. If the Restaurant believes that any particular user’s review violates any of the Tipplr’ policies, the restaurant may write to us at support@Tipplr.in and bring such violation to our attention. Tipplr may remove the review in its sole discretion if review is in violation of the Terms, or content guidelines and policies or otherwise harmful to the Services
- Tipplr provides online ordering services by entering into contractual arrangements with restaurant partners (“Restaurant Partners”) and Stores (as defined below) on a principal-to-principal basis for the purpose of listing their menu items or the Products (as defined below) for online ordering by the Users on the Tipplr Platform.
- The Users can access the menu items or Products listed on the Tipplr Platform and place online orders against the Restaurant Partner(s)/Store(s) through Tipplr.
- Your request to order food and beverages or Products from a Restaurant Partner or a Store on the Restaurant Partner/Store page on the Tipplr Platform shall constitute an unconditional and irrevocable authorization issued in favour of Tipplr to place online orders for food and beverages or Products against the Restaurant Partner(s)/Store(s) on your behalf.
- Delivery of an order placed by you through the Tipplr Platform may either be undertaken directly by the Restaurant Partner or the Store against whom you have placed an order, or facilitated by Tipplr through third-party who may be available to provide delivery services to you (“Delivery Partners”). In both these cases, Tipplr is merely acting as an intermediary between you and the Delivery Partners, or you and the Restaurant Partner or the Store, as the case may be.
- The acceptance by a Delivery Partner of undertaking delivery of your order shall constitute a contract of service under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 or any successor legislations, between you and the Delivery Partner, to which Tipplr is not a party under any applicable law. It is clarified that Tipplr does not provide any delivery or logistics services and only enables the delivery of food and beverages or Products ordered by the Users through the Tipplr Platform by connecting the Users with the Delivery Partners or the Restaurant Partners or the Store, as the case may be.
- Where Tipplr is facilitating delivery of an order placed by you, Tipplr shall not be liable for any acts or omissions on part of the Delivery Partner including deficiency in service, wrong delivery of order, time taken to deliver the order, order package tampering, etc.
- You may be charged a delivery fee for delivery of your order by the Delivery Partner or the Restaurant Partner or the Store, as the Delivery Partner or the Restaurant Partner or the Store may determine (“Delivery Charges“). You agree that Tipplr is authorized to collect, on behalf of the Restaurant Partner or the Delivery Partner or the Store, the Delivery Charges for the delivery service provided by the Restaurant Partner or the Store or the Delivery Partner, as the case may be. The Delivery Charges may vary from order to order, which may be determined on multiple factors which shall include but not be limited to Restaurant Partner / Store, order value, distance, demand during peak hours. Tipplr will use reasonable efforts to inform you of the Delivery Charges that may apply to you, provided you will be responsible for Delivery Charges incurred for your order regardless of your awareness of such Delivery Charges.
- Online Ordering with Restaurant Partners:
- All prices listed on the Tipplr Platform are provided by the Restaurant Partner at the time of publication on the Tipplr Platform and have been placed as received from the Restaurant Partner. While we take great care to keep them up to date, the final price charged to you by the Restaurant Partner may change at the time of delivery. In the event of a conflict between price on the Tipplr Platform and price charged by the Restaurant Partner, the price charged by the Restaurant Partner shall be deemed to be the correct price except Delivery Charge of Tipplr.
- Pickup/Takeaway: When You opt for a Pickup/Takeaway (as defined below) You agree to be solely liable to ensure compliance with the conditions governing the Takeaway at the time of placing the Order, and Tipplr shall not be liable in any manner in this regard. For the purpose of clarity, Pickup (in India)/Takeaway (in all other jurisdictions) would mean where a Restaurant Partner has agreed to provide an option to the Users to collect the Order themselves from the Restaurant Partner on which such an Order is placed. Tipplr accepts no liability associated with food preparation by the Restaurant Partner accepting the Order, and all food preparation and hand over through Takeaway are the sole responsibility of the Restaurant Partner accepting the Order. The Pickup/Takeaway times for collection are provided by the Restaurant Partner and are only estimates.
For the purpose of this clause, words capitalized shall have the following meaning:
“Promise Time” shall mean the time period between the Restaurant Partner accepting the Order and the Delivery Partner reaching within 50 metre radius from Your location or first barrier point (security guard/reception etc.) whichever is further.
Tipplr + or Tipplr VIP for Online Ordering or Dine In
- As a member of Tipplr + or Tipplr VIP in India, you can avail Discount (as defined below) on Order placed by You from partnered Restaurants (“Partnered Restaurant(s)”).
- On every Order placed by You through the Tipplr Platform, you will get a percentage of discount on the Order value provided that the Order Value for such Order is above the minimum Order value specified by the Partnered Restaurant on the Tipplr Platform (“Discount”).
- The number of Partnered Restaurant(s) may be modified.
- The Discount cannot be clubbed with any other offers or discounts or deals extended by the Partnered Restaurant or Tipplr or any other third party.
- The Discount is not valid on menu items sold by the Partnered Restaurant at maximum retail price (MRP), combos and special dishes.
- The Discount can be availed only for Orders placed for home delivery.
- The Partnered Restaurant(s) offering Tipplr + or Tipplr VIP for home delivery may differ from Restaurants offering Tipplr + or Tipplr VIP for dine out.
- You will be responsible to pay the Partnered Restaurant(s) all costs and charges payable for all the other items for which you have placed an Order and are not covered under the Discount.
- Tipplr reserves the right to add exclusion days to Tipplr + or Tipplr VIP on Online Ordering at its discretion which will be communicated from time to time.
- The term of your Tipplr + or Tipplr VIP membership shall be subject to the membership plan opted by You.
Exclusion Days for India
December 31 and January 1
New Year’s Eve/Day
Pongal (applicable in Tamil Nadu only)
October 1 – October 5
Durga Puja (applicable in West Bengal only)
October 24 and October 26
December 24 and December 25
- Contactless Dining is a dining-in product (“Contactless Dining”) wherein you can access the digital menu of the restaurant (“Restaurant”) and (i) place orders (“Order(s)”) through an option available on the Tipplr mobile application (“Application”), and/or (ii) make the payment of such Order(s), via the Tipplr Application, while dining at the Restaurant.
- Your request to Order food and beverages at a Restaurant can be done by scanning the unique quick response code(s) (“QR Code(s)”) placed on the table at the Restaurant and thereafter clicking on ‘Place Order’ tab on the Restaurant page on the Tipplr Application.
- You agree and acknowledge that Your request to Order(s) food and beverages at a Restaurant by clicking on Place Order tab on the Restaurant page on the Tipplr Application shall constitute an unconditional and irrevocable authorization issued in favour of Tipplr to place online orders for food and beverages against the Restaurant on your behalf. You further acknowledge, Tipplr is not a manufacturer, seller or distributor of food or beverages and merely places an Order against the Restaurant on behalf of You pursuant to the unconditional and irrevocable authority granted by You to Tipplr, and facilitates the sale and purchase of food and beverages between You and Restaurant, under the contract for sale and purchase of food and beverages between You and Restaurant.
- You agree not to place Order(s) or consume alcoholic beverages at the Restaurant unless you have attained legally permissible age as per the applicable law. Where an Order(s) is placed for alcoholic beverages, you agree and acknowledge that the Restaurant reserves the right to verify your age by checking your government photo identification document (“ID”). Any failure to present the ID, may result in refusal of serving of alcoholic beverages by the Restaurant. You further hereby agree that consumption of alcoholic beverages will be done responsibly and you shall not indulge in any such act which may be in breach of the applicable law. You hereby agree that Tipplr shall not be liable for any such act on Your part.
- Please note that some of the food may be suitable for certain ages only. You should check the dish you are ordering and read its description, if provided, prior to placing your Order(s). Tipplr shall not be liable in the event food ordered by you does not meet your dietary or any other requirements and/or restrictions.
- The total price for food ordered, and other charges that may be levied by the Restaurant, will be displayed on the Tipplr Application when you place your Order, which may be rounded up to the nearest amount. You shall be liable to make full payment towards such food orders at the end of Your meal through the Tipplr App only. It is hereby clarified that it is the responsibility of the Restaurant to raise an appropriate tax invoice on You for Your Order(s).
- The Restaurant may levy service charges at its own discretion. If you wish to remove service charge, kindly inform the Restaurant directly. Please note, Tipplr shall not be liable for any such charges levied by the Restaurant.
- While availing Contactless Dining, if You make payment towards the bill via the Tipplr Application, you shall not make any payment towards Your Order(s) to the Restaurant in cash or via any other manner.
- There is no restriction on the number of diners at the table.
- Tipplr shall not be liable for any acts or omissions on part of the Restaurant including but not limited to deficiency in service, quality of food, sale of alcohol, time taken to prepare the Order(s) or any other experience of the User.
- It is hereby further clarified by Tipplr that the liability of any violation of the food safety and standards law and applicable rules and regulations made thereunder shall solely rest with the Restaurant, importers, brand owners or manufacturers of the food products or any Pre Packed Goods accordingly. For the purpose of clarity Pre-Packed Goods shall mean the food and beverages items which are placed in a package of any nature, in such a manner that the contents cannot be changed without tampering it and which is ready for sale to the customer or as may be defined under the applicable law.
- Notwithstanding anything otherwise set out herein, Tipplr shall in no manner be liable in any way for any in-person interactions with the Restaurant or for the User’s experience at the Restaurant and that the Restaurant shall, at all times remain, solely liable including but not limited to, for (a) the goods and/or services, rendered to a User at the Restaurant; (c) any in-person interactions with the User by the Restaurant and or its representatives; (d) payment of all applicable taxes and statutory dues with respect to the goods and services offered and charged by the Restaurant and compliance with all applicable laws; (e) the User’s experience at the Restaurant.
Cancellation and refund policy:
- Cancellation of an Order, once placed, is not allowed. In case of any cancellation required, the same shall be at the sole discretion of the Restaurant.
- Any complaint, with respect to the Order which shall include instances but not be limited to foreign objects in food, wrong order, you will be required to take it up directly with the Restaurant and Tipplr shall not be liable for any such instances.
- You shall not be entitled to a refund in case instructions placed along with the Order are not followed in the form and manner You had intended. Instructions are followed by the Restaurant on a best-efforts basis.
- No replacement / refund / or any other resolution will be provided without the Restaurant’s permission.
- For Users making payment via the Tipplr Application, Refunds (if any) shall be processed in the same manner as they are received, unless refunds have been provided to You in the form of credits/coupons, refund amount will reflect in your account based on respective banks policies. Refunds in the form of credits/coupons will be on sole discretion of Tipplr.
- Update: The Restaurants may change from time to time and the members are advised to keep a check on the updated list of Restaurants from time to time at Tipplr’s Application.
- Tipplr reserves the right to disallow a User from using Contactless Dining if they are found to be in breach of any terms.
- Assignment: Tipplr may assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under these Terms and conditions to any of its affiliates or any third party at any time.
- Contact Us: For any further queries with regard to these Terms and Contactless Dining, you may contact us via in app chat support or at the below mentioned email address as applicable for Your jurisdiction.
Part of the Site contains advertising information or promotion material or other material submitted to Tipplr by third parties. Responsibility for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on site or Mobile apps complies with applicable International and National law is exclusively on the party providing the information/material. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Tipplr found on or through the Website and or Mobile apps, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such advertiser. Tipplr will not be responsible or liable for any claim, error, omission, inaccuracy in advertising material or any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-Tipplr advertisers on the Website and Mobile apps. Tipplr reserves the right to omit, suspend or change the position of any advertising material submitted for insertion. Acceptance of advertisements on the site and Mobile apps will be subject to these terms and conditions.
Tipplr may send information and offer products and services to you from time to time. For further details, relating to our policy relating to such offer please refer to our privacy statement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Tipplr reserves the right to disclose any information in response to / that it is required to be shared, disclosed or make made available to any governmental, administrative, regulatory or judicial authority under any law or regulation applicable to Tipplr.
Further, Tipplr can and you authorize Tipplr to disclose your name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email, and company name to Intellectual Property right’s owners, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity.
None of the provisions of the User Agreement shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or agency between you and Tipplr and you shall have no authority to bind Tipplr in any manner, whatsoever.
Tipplr shall have no liability to you for any interruption or delay, to access the site or Mobile apps irrespective of the cause.
The Agreement shall be governed by the Laws of India. The Courts of law at Bangalore/Karnataka shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising under this agreement.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
Right to remove inappropriate messages
We reserve the right to remove any messages we deem to be inappropriate, i.e, racist, sexist or threatening. Messages using inappropriate language will also be removed. We do not wish to be censors, but our forums must remain civilized and respect the rights of others.
Limited time to bring your claim
You and Tipplr agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Tipplr’s websites or mobile apps, only, must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues otherwise, such cause of action will be permanently barred.
Acceptance Policy of Privacy
By using Tipplr’s sites and services, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any policy described in this Privacy statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of Tipplr sites or mobile apps. We reserve the right, to modify this Privacy Statement at any time.
Rights and obligations under the Terms which by their nature should survive will remain in full effect after termination or expiration of the Terms.
Any express waiver or failure to exercise promptly any right under the Terms will not create a continuing waiver or any expectation of non-enforcement.
If any provision of the Terms is held invalid by any law or regulation of any government, or by any court or arbitrator, the parties agree that such provision will be replaced with a new provision that accomplishes the original business purpose, and the other provisions of the Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Tipplr’s role is limited to managing the web platform for the display of the services/offers/deals provided by the restaurants and third parties and other incidental services to facilitate the dining transactions between the restaurant and the diners. Accordingly, Tipplr is merely an intermediary and is only a platform/facilitator where the restaurants and other service provider may offer its services/deals/offers and discounts for marketing purposes. The contract for service shall be a strictly bipartite contract between such service provider and the diner. At no time shall Tipplr have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract nor shall Tipplr hold any rights, title or interest in the services provided by such service provider. Tipplr shall not be responsible for any unsatisfactory or delayed performance or any actions or inactions of the restaurants/third party service provider including deficiency in services provided by such restaurants and the service providers.
Tipplr may on request of any third party promote its products/services by issuing promotional offers/gift coupons/discount vouchers/pre-paid vouchers (“promotional offers”). It is clarified that such promotional offers received from Tipplr are to be settled inter-se between the parties to such transaction and the respective third party promoting its service/product and warranties express or implied of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining thereto, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement are disclaimed by Tipplr.
Notice of Copyright Infringement and Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
Tipplr is not liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the site or mobile apps, or items advertised on the site or mobile apps, by end users or any other third parties.
Redressal Mechanism: Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to content and or comment or breach of these terms shall be immediately informed to the designated Grievance Officer as mentioned below via in writing or through email signed with the electronic signature to grievance@Tipplr.in or call on +91-9353907918.
Grievance Redressal Officer
Food Space Technology Pvt Ltd
12, Cunningham Crescent Road
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint: –
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner for the purposes of the complaint.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material on our website that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
- The address, telephone number or e-mail address of the complaining party.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice of copyright infringement is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed
Copyright © 2021, Tipplr (Food Space Technology Pvt Ltd). All Rights Reserved.
This disclaimer/ terms of service notification is subject to change without notice.